A good solar attic fan may reduce the temperature in your attic by up to 10 degrees Fahrenheit. As a result, you will have the ideal room temperature without being bothered. Furthermore, a solar attic fan is a low-cost, onetime investment that will endure for decades before needing to be replaced.
The only catch is that not every attic fan is constructed in the same way. It’s possible that some of them may fall short of your aspirations. Don’t be concerned, though. We’ve got you covered.
We’ve compiled a list of the BEST solar attic fans on the market after conducting extensive research. This list will assist you in generating business without making a mess.
Things to look for in “Solar Attic Fans”
- Gable Positioned vs. Roof-Mounted
Different strategies for preventing overheating are required for different attics, garages, and conservatories. The same is true when installing a solar attic fan. There are two types of solar attic fans: roof-mounted and gable installed.
This provides you the freedom to install a solar attic fan based on your requirements and region. Please let us know which option is best for you.
The roof-mounted fan, as the name implies, necessitates the installation of a roof vent. To keep the roof looking nice, the remaining vent is mainly hidden by the shingle when it’s installed properly.
Because the solar panel is usually fitted with these fans, they do not require a long wire. As a result, it receives the maximum amount of sunlight, resulting in greater inefficiency.
On the other hand, a gable-mounted solar panel is linked through a solar panel and can be put in a desirable wall/gable. They’re simple to install and less expensive than roof-mounted attic fans.
- Coverage Area
The first thing to think about is the area that your solar attic fan will cover. The main rule is that it should be larger than the space in your attic or garage. Assuring that the bottom line maintains the ideal temperature even during summer extreme weather events.
Solar attic fans are available with a variety of motors. As a result, they have unique coverage areas. For specific capacity, look at the motor’s wattage, fan speed (CFM), and area coverage of the solar fan.
Bear in mind that the higher these numbers go, the more expensive the fan would be. A high-watt motor also necessitates higher energy usage.
- Humidistat and Thermostat
The thermostat and humidistat aren’t required in this room. They will, however, play a role in keeping the ideal temperature and humidity for your targeted region.
The thermostat allows the fan to better understand the temperature of its surroundings. As a result, anytime the temperature rises, the fan will automatically start blowing. This also keeps the fan from operating inefficiently during the winter or monsoon seasons.
Many solar attic fans come pre-programmed with a thermostat, although many manufacturers sell it separately.
Maintaining the ideal humidity level is a continuous analytical procedure. Both higher and lower moisture levels might cause issues. The humidistat detects moisture levels (particularly in the winter) and delivers passive ventilation to maintain an appropriate humidity level.
The humidistat, on the other hand, isn’t necessary for many areas. The lack of a humidistat should not be a compelling cause to discard a worthwhile product.
It should go without saying that your solar attic fan should be extremely durable. After all, it will be exposed to various weather throughout the year. It also shouldn’t cause you any concern.
Your attic fan’s built-in material should be examined carefully for long-term durability. Many dependable solar attic fans are composed of strong steel and aluminum to withstand wind, rain, and even hail.
Plastic is used as a protective cover on certain low-quality attic fans. In the summer, this material is rather durable, but in the winter, it may become troublesome.
List Of 10 Best Solar Attic Fans
To begin, let’s look at the most popular solar attic fan. NaturalLight’s goods have lately gained popularity. One of the primary reasons for this is its solar attic fan.
It’s a ceiling solar attic fan with a stylish design and high-quality materials. The stainless steel guarantees maximum durability and ensures that the fan lasts a long time. As a result, there’s no need to be concerned about the current climatic conditions.
The Natural Light fan’s strong motor is one of its most appealing features. Its 48 Watt high torque motor works as a sweet spot that is both powerful and energy-efficient. Furthermore, this unit has a vent capacity of 1881 CFM, which is enough to cover a 2,825 sq ft attic.
Product warranty terms are frequently a game-changer. This is why the Natural Light firm offers you a warranty of 25 years. All you have to do now is install it and worry about both the attic heat.
The bundle does not contain a thermostat from the manufacturer. Natural Light, on the other hand, sells thermostats individually for simplicity.
What we love:
- Strong 48 WATT MOTOR
- Aesthetic and fashionable appearance
- Warranty duration of 25 years
What We Didn’t Love
- So far, we have discovered nothing.
Our Verdict: It’s fantastic and one of our tops picks for solar attic fans. It is an excellent product and one of the finest on the market. It has a warranty of about 2 years and a month which is really remarkable.
- ——Solar Powered Fan Ventilator for Pet house, Chicken house, Tree house, Dog house, Greenhouse, RV, Touring Car, Camping and etc
- ——The solar powered fan is Easy portable, Green energy, Environmentally friendly and Recyclable.
- ——The 5V solar panel has USB output, which can be connected to the USB fan or any USB product for charging. The panel is waterproof, but the USB port is NOT.
- ——Safe and reliable The fan blade is a plastic machine that is lightweight, delicate, and low-speed operation.Absolutely will not harm the human body, can rest assured that use
- ——Package includes 1 piece solar panel + 1 piece USB mini fan. The solar panel and fan can work separately and work together under sun.
The following attic fan is extremely easy to install and will save you money over hiring an expert. The Remington Solar Attic has a lot going for it that makes it worthwhile to consider.
Starting with the first impression, which will pique everyone’s interest. The attic fan is made of steel for longevity and has a beautiful appearance. You may also select between black and grey colors for your favorite model.
The Remington Fan’s power achievements are extremely impressive. Its 20-watt motor is ideal for attics, homes, and greenhouses in small to medium-sized spaces. You’ll get a fan speed of 1280 CFM here, which can comfortably manage a 2,000-square-foot space.
The Remington Solar attic fan comes in a variety of wattages (20, 25, 30 Watts). You can choose the most appropriate power fan for your needs.
It has a brushless motor that allows you to just plug it in and forget about it. It is not necessary to change the brush of the motor each year. Furthermore, the brushless feature generates no to very little noise, allowing for distraction-free living and working.
Another fascinating feature is the fan’s constructed thermostat and humidistat, which adds to the entire product’s value. Depending on the kind of climate, it automatically combats attic heat and over-humidity.
The Remington Solar attic fan comes with a 15-year replacement warranty, so you can buy with confidence.
What we love:
- The brushless motor.
- Aesthetic and fashionable appearance
- The thermostat and humidistat are built-in.
What We Didn’t Love
- So far, we have discovered nothing.
Our Verdict: This product is highly recommendable as we really like how the product has a brushless motor and thermostat built-in.
- [SOLAR ROOF VENT] - This fan is 100% powered by solar energy and no requirement of household electricity; the fan works automatically as long as the sun shines on it. Save a lot of electricity for you.
- [ROOF MOUNT FAN] - Roof-mounted fan are more aerodynamic and can efficiently remove hot air from the attic, significantly lowering the temperature of the entire house.
- [METAL SHELL] - The fan housing is made of galvanized steel covered with black anti-rust paint, designed for long-term outdoor use and can withstand hail or any weather.
- [ALL COPPER MOTOR] - The all-copper motor with ultra-long life provides a maximum airflow of 1200CFM while maintaining low volume level. 60W solar panel will provide powerful energy.
- [WORRY-FREE SHOPPING] - We provide a one-year warranty for this fan, and you can get a free replacement if there is any problem.Your order will be delivery in 2 parcels.
Let’s start with the fascinating power factor. The strong motors of the QuietCool solar attic fan are 30 Watts. Having this power on the top of your attic will ensure that any medium to big attic maintains the correct temperature.
The nicest aspect about the QuietCool fan is that it has an AC/DC converter. While the DC performs admirably in direct sunshine, it may not guarantee the same level of performance in all weather. During summer evenings and little sunshine, the AC inverter can be used as a backup power source.
The QuietCool’s fan speed is much more than adequate for both DC and AC power. When employing a solar panel, you may anticipate a high fan speed of 1486CFM. 1320 CFM, but on the other hand, will operate with any Ac supply.
When compared to its competitors, the fan’s durability and sturdiness are far superior. It has a full metal body, which makes the fan hefty and ensures that it lasts a long time.
Furthermore, the fan’s weight has little effect on its performance. The QuietCool fan is simple to install and requires very little effort. You may also tilt and modify the solar panel up to 60 degrees to meet your needs.
Finally, the QuietCool business offers you a 15-year warranty. As a result, there is no place for worry.
What we love :
- It may be used with both an AC and a DC power supply.
- 15-year warranty on the whole metal body
What We Didn’t Love
- The motor makes a noise.
Our Verdict: This Solar attic fan is something we recommend to you as it has both ac and dc supply with a 15-year warranty.
- NOT COMPATIBLE with Whole House Fans
- Perfect replacement for an old or non-functioning attic fan thermostat
- Smart app control with integrated thermostat and humidistat
- Adjustable thermostat settings and presets
- Adjustable humidity settings and presets
Looking for a low-cost alternative but not willing to sacrifice quality? It’s quite difficult to ignore the Amtrak Solar Powerful Attic fan in this situation. You’ll be able to perform impressive accomplishments without having to leave the comfort of your desired pricing range.
This fan’s blades are 14 inches long and moderate in size. Its high torque motor has an unusually high power of 50 Watts, allowing it to cover an enormous area of 2250 square feet with ease.
The broad covering area is ideal not only for medium-sized attics but also for larger attics and businesses. Nevertheless, in order to offer a 50 Watt power supply, the fan’s motor produces some noise.
Setting up the Amtrak solar attic fan is simple and energy-efficient. You will also get installation supplies (wires and brackets) compared to the extra product. As a result, there is no need to spend any further funds.
Are you worried about the quality of a low-cost product? The Amtrak solar attic fan is backed by a 25-year warranty. This shows a company’s faith in its high-quality product.
What we love:
- A powerful motor of 50 watts
- A budget-friendly option with a 25-year warranty
What We Didn’t Love
- So far, we have discovered nothing.
Our Verdict: We are excited to offer this to you because of its powerful motor, which will allow it to operate for a long time.
Another low-cost option on the list. If you’re on a tight budget but still want top-notch quality, the ECO-WORTHY solar attic fan is the way to go. Let’s take a closer look.
Even under low voltage circumstances, ECOWORTHY’s continuous efficiency will be noticeable. It has a modest motor voltage of just 4 volts. As a result, you’ll have the same temperature even when the sun isn’t shining.
Installing this solar attic fan on the wall is a breeze. It will take only 15-30 minutes of your time to maintain the ideal temperature over the years. You’ll also get extras like solar wires, brackets, and other accessories to make the setup procedure go smoothly.
This 25-watt solar fan is ideal for attics and garages with modest to medium-sized spaces. Its motor can easily provide a fan speed of 1200 CFM. As a result, you’ll notice a dip in temperature till the finish of the day.
This fan’s solar panel is also equal to the task. The panel may be adjusted from 25 to 45 degrees depending on the most appropriate location.
In terms of the promising era, the ECO-WORTHY have yet to make a firm declaration. It shouldn’t, though, be seen as a cause for alarm. The firm claims to provide helpful customer service and to repair items as needed.
What we love:
- It works perfectly on 4V.
- The solar panel may be adjusted in a variety of ways.
What We Didn’t Love
- The warranty duration isn’t clearly mentioned.
Our Verdict: This is among the best solar attic fans since it runs on 4V and can be adjusted in a variety of ways.
- 🌞[Ideal Output Power-5KWh/day]: This 1200W solar panel complete system generates about 5KWh per day under 4 hours full sunlight condition, very suitable for home, shed, cabin, RV or other energy backpack, and it provides enough power for air condition, TV, refrigerator, coffee maker, microwave and other AC 110V devices.
- 💪[Durable Mono Solar Panel]: ECO-WORTHY monocrystalline solar panel is compact with enhanced aluminum frame and tempered glass. The size is 58.3*26.2*1.4 inches. IP66 class ingress-proof, strong enough to withstand strong winds (2400Pa) and snow loads (5400Pa), worry-free for outdoor uses.
- ⚡[3500W 24V DC-110V AC Pure Sine Wave Inverter]: Advanced pure sine wave technology provides stable AC equivalent to grid power which will protect and extend the lifespan of your electronics and appliances. Rated power 3500W, peak 7000W for the surge during start-up. Over 91% of conversion efficiency, converts 24VDC to 110VAC.
- 🔋[High Capacity Li-Battery bank]: 2pcs 100Ah lithium batteries, large enough to store 2.4KWh of power. New type lithium battery which has higher charge/discharge efficiency and more than 3000 times deep cycles. Over 10 years of lifespan, much longer than lead acid batteries. With built-in BMS(battery management system), preventing the lithium battery from overcharge, overdischarge, overheat and short circuit.
- 📦[Package includes]: The ready-to-use solar power system includes 6pcs 195W solar panels, 1pc 60A solar controller, 1pc 3500W off-grid solar inverter, 2pcs 100Ah Lithium batteries, as well as all accessories needed. We provide 1 YEAR WARRANTY and a professional technical support team standing by to answer any question you might have, please feel free to contact us.
The Blaster Solar Attic Fan would be out of the ordinary. It’s a roof-mounted fan that cools the building.
This solar attic fan has a tiny solar panel with a capacity of 3 watts. The electricity generation is definitely insufficient. However, as previously said, you will need to purchase numerous parts to complete the task.
Each attic fan can reach a respectable distance of 600 sq ft with this power output. It will be an excellent product for your little attic spaces. Furthermore, the fan makes practically little noise and will not distract you in any way.
Its connected care is heavy metal, which assures that the fan suffers no casualties even in extreme conditions. Furthermore, the fan requires no effort to set up. There is also no requirement for an attic during installation.
You will never have to be concerned about the fan’s performance. Because of the company’s extended warranty policy, which lasts for 25 years.
What we love :
- Budget-friendly option
- zero-noise motor with a 25-year warranty
What We Didn’t Love
- For the final setup, several amounts are required.
Our Verdict: We prefer this to you as it is reasonable along with a 2-year warranty.
Other Solar Attic Fans Worth Considering –
Pumplus Solar Attic Fan
A conventional and strong attic fan to round off the list. This Pumplus solar fan is a wall-mounted model with a 30 Watt motor. The 12.5-inch blade is a good match for the motor, providing 1486CFM of high-speed rotation. This low-cost solar attic fan does the job admirably. Nevertheless, just a few persons have reported a drop in quality following a change.
Iliving Hybrid Solar Roof Attic Exhaust Fan
This solar attic fan is designed for long-term use and economy. It is produced in San Francisco, California, in the United States. The solar panel is poly, and the housing is constructed of aluminum. The fan comes with a 15-year warranty from the manufacturer. The Living hybrid solar attic fan has a smart thermostat that regulates temps between 65 and 130 degrees Fahrenheit. It may be upgraded with an AC/DC adaptor kit, which is available separately. Other features, such as a power on/off switch and a screen protector, can be included.
Broan-NuTone 28Watts Solar Powered Attic Ventilator
For a cooler and more pleasant attic, the Broan-NuTone 28 Watts solar attic ventilator has a small size and low design. Its reduced design allows it to blend in with a variety of roof styles. While its small form eliminates the need to remove a large section of the roof to install the ventilator. For quick setup, it comes with stainless screws and steel brackets.
What do we mean by solar attic fans?
Solar attic vent fans use the sun’s energy to draw hot air out of your attic and exchange it with cooler outdoor air. The amount of time and effort your HVAC system needs to undertake to chill your upstairs living area is reduced as a result.
Why use solar attic fans?
Solar attic fans function to reduce attic temperature by pushing hot, stuffy air out of the attic and boosting circulation. Lesser rooms and inhabitants in your house will look better and more pleasant if the attic heat is controlled. It helps in following-
- You may save money by using solar attic fans.
- Solar attic fans keep your house safe.
- Solar attic fans might help you save money on electricity.
- Solar attic fans are completely risk-free.
How do they work?
Here are the following steps of how it works-
- Heat Accumulates In An Attic That Isn’t Properly Ventilated
The sun shines down on a house’s roof, heating up the attic. Passive vents (soffit or gable) give some airflow but not enough pressure to drive hot air out.
- A solar attic fan provides air circulation.
The solar attic fan’s pv module absorbs sunlight, which fuels the fan’s motor, which increases air flow.
- Air circulation transports hot air from the attic.
Improved air circulation creates the necessary pressure to drive hot air out of your attic. Attic ventilation may reduce the temperature in your attic by up to 40 degrees!
Are Solar attic Fans really worth it?
The solar attic fans all circulated less than 1,000 cubic feet of air per minute (CFM) and did little to cool the attic. The sun’s thermal beams are quite strong. They may heat up over your roof to above 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
Whether that’s worth buying an item relies on your requirements and motives, just like any other purchase.
When you don’t currently have an attic fan and want to install one just to save money on your energy bill, you’ll likely save more money on a separate platform.
Installing the solar attic fan to substitute your electrical attic fan is definitely worthwhile. Solar attic fans are a low-cost alternative to conventional home improvement solutions for cooling your attic.
Pros and cons of Solar attic fans
- In the Summer, Keep Your Attic Cooler — Heat accumulation in your attic, especially in warmer areas like Florida, not only travels to the living spaces below, but may also harm your roof, insulating, and structural stability of your home. As a result of the increased heat, your air conditioner has to work harder, resulting in higher electricity costs.
- Decrease Attic Moisture – Summer’s warmth and humidity may contribute to the development of fungus and molds in your attic, and also cause physical damage to your home.
- Solar attic fans are ecologically beneficial since they use the sun’s energy instead of electricity. The solar attic fan, as a sustainable source of energy, will help you decrease your environmental impact while also saving money.
- Solar power, also known as solar electricity, is utilized by the solar attic fan to force hot air out of your attic, which is not only free but may also help you save money on energy costs. These blades are also low-maintenance and simple to establish. You shouldn’t need to operate an attic fan on cloudy days, and with solar attic fans, you only use the energy you need from the warmest, hottest days of each year, at no additional cost.
- A Fantastic Investment — With more than 250 days of sunlight on average in Florida, a solar attic fan is a good investment to make your house more pleasant while also lowering your energy bills. Solar attic fans also add curb appeal, with a sleek, reduced look that demonstrates environmental awareness and energy savings.
- Conventional Models are More Expensive – Solar attic fans are more expensive upfront than regular attic fans, but the initial cost is offset over time by energy savings.
- Most Homes Will Require Two — To circulate air and save money, most homes will require two solar attic fans.
- Solar Attic Fans Need Clear Sunshine — Because the sun as their energy source, solar attic fans require direct sunlight to function. To work, your solar panel will have to be in bright sun, which might be hampered by cloud cover, mature trees, and even dirt.
Tips and tricks to use Solar Attic Fans
You could be going to purchase and install an attic fan, but nobody really wants to invest in a home improvement project they don’t fully understand. Here are our top six recommendations to remember in order to fully understand the topic, “How do attic fans work?”
The #1 Way “How Attic Fans Work” is to remove hot air.
Because of the sun’s heat leaking through the roof, your attic is always the warmest place in your house. Too much heat in the attic can leak down into your living rooms, which isn’t generally a concern.
An attic fan prevents the heat from rising to the point where it can spread. It increases the quantity of hot air evacuated from your attic and transported outdoors where it won’t bother you during the warmer Spring and Summer months.
- Bringing in Fresh Air
The process of releasing hot air and drawing in cold air is already built into your attic, but an attic fan speeds up and enhances it.
The number of fans you’ll need will be determined by the size of your attic, the climate you live in, and other considerations described further down.
- An Attic Fan Performs Best When There Is Enough Airflow
When understanding how to cool an attic, anybody wondering “how does an attic fan function” must first understand the importance of ventilation.
If your attic has little ventilation and hot air may easily become trapped, the attic fan will have to work hard to remove the undesirable air, wasting energy in the process.
- Attic fans are only effective if there are seals in the attic.
While it’s true that attic ventilation fans, like AC units, require enough airflow, they also require adequate seals. Another important piece of the puzzle in figuring out “how do attics fans function?” is to understand how they work.
You will not run your air conditioner all day with all your windows open, would you?
Certainly not! If the space between your attic, roof, and the rest of your living space isn’t sealed, the fan will rapidly become a nuisance.
The adjustable humidity and temperature parameters from these attic fans might lead to an overheated machine if the seals among your attic, roof, and living space aren’t good enough.
- It Doesn’t Matter How Big Your Fan Is
Attic fans with larger blades may impact more air than those with smaller blades. Just remember that there is such a thing as too much of a good thing. If your fan is more strong than it needs to be, it may have an impact on airflow throughout your home.
- It Only Has to Work When It Is Required
Treat your attic fans the same way you would any other fan in your home. Its duty is to keep the attic cool, especially during the hotter months of the year.
During the colder months, just use it sparingly. Attic fans may help to remove moisture accumulation that could contribute to mold, and they don’t have to operate for very long to do so.
Some of the best solar attic fans feature a built-in thermostat that turns on only when the temperature reaches a specific level. This will prevent you from having to repeatedly climb into the attic even while guaranteeing that your main house temperature is maintained.
Solar energy, on the other hand, isn’t suitable for everyone (yet), so be sure it’s suited for you.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Are Attic Fans Really Beneficial?
Yes, attic fans are really beneficial! Attic fans, as per the Renewable Energy Laboratory (National Renewable Energy Laboratory, may decrease the concentration in your attic by 10 to 25 degrees. Convection causes heat to rise, and attic fans function by pushing hot air out of your home and pulling cooler air in from outside.
Pairing attic fans with appropriate insulation and attic air-sealing can help keep your house cool while also saving money on energy bills.
- Are solar attic fans cost-effective?
Solar attic fans do, in fact, save money! We’ve all heard the saying, “If anything seems too authentic, it probably is.” While this is generally the case, it isn’t with solar attic fans. Solar attic fans, according to recent research, can help you save money in a variety of ways. They have the ability to:
1) Reduce the burden on your air conditioner to extend its life.
2) Keep your roof cool and dry by removing excess heat and moisture.
3) Lower your utility expenses by cooling your attic with less power.
4) It is significantly less expensive than putting a second air conditioner in your home.
Installing the solar attic fan has advantages and disadvantages, but it’s well worth the initial investment when you calculate the annual savings.
- How many solar attic fans do I need?
“It varies depending,” is the quick response. The basic answer is that a variety of factors influence the number of fans you’ll require. The size of your house, existing air conditioning, the pitch of your roof, attic soundproofing and sealing, or whether or not you have sloped roofs all play a role.
The solar attic is a fantastic example of a simple yet powerful concept. Selecting the finest product is a onetime investment in not having to worry about the heat. Furthermore, I feel that the list and shopping guide had an important role in this process.
If you’re still unsure about your ultimate decision, have a peek at my personal favorite. The New Light Solar Attic Fan offers all the features you might want in a solar fan. The service area is adequate, and the metal body gives sufficient durability. It also gives you the choice of memorializing it on both the wall and the roof.
Is there anything on the list that we forgot to mention? Please let us know by leaving a comment below. Kindly let us know if you have any questions or concerns about the solar attic fan.
Check out other solar products too: