Find the best solar powered bug zappers here.
When on a camping trip for an adventure, often bugs and insects can ruin the trip. What if there was an eco-friendly manner to kill those insects? The solution for this is a modern innovation in bug-zapping tech; a solar powered bug zapper will quickly invade the insects and pests without requiring proximity to a power outlet, killing insects that may invade your property or camping trip.
As the name implies, it uses solar energy just like any other solar-powered device. Solar bug zapper uses photovoltaic cells to draw in energy from the sun, then electrocute the insects upon the touch and attract them using life. It also generates electricity to power the light source. This article compiles comprehensive information about the 8 solar-powered bug zappers to help you make an ideal purchase.
What to Look For in a “Solar-Powered Bug Zapper”
Before you purchase a solar-powered bug zapper, these are some essential considerations you need to know to make an informed purchasing decision.
- Installation – Some solar powered bug zappers are difficult to install, while others are easier to hang using the loop.
- High Voltage: If you live in bug-infested areas, you should select a solar-powered bug zapper with a killer grill of 1000 volts current.
- Design And Style: Design matters even if you’re using the solar product to kill insects. Choose the design according to the requirement. For indoors, looped bug zapper can be used, and for outdoors staked one.
- Quality: Always purchase solar products from trusted brands or are recognized brands.
- Charging and running time: the solar-powered bug zapper will get charged during the day and power the rapper by night. Before purchasing any bug zapper, make sure to check the charging and running time.
- Price: Price is the constant consideration. When you give more money, you should receive more features. Pay the money equivalent to the features of the product.
- USB Cable: For indoors or outdoors, if you need a super-strong solar-bug zapper, then ensure it comes with a USB cable so that you can charge it even if sunlight is not present.
- Material: Most bug zappers in the market are made of plastic, which is easier to clean and break. However, solar bug zapper made up of steel and aluminum is durable and less susceptible to damages.
- Warranty: Purchase a solar-powered bug zapper with at least 1 year of warranty. Of course, if it’s longer than 12 months, then the better the product is.
List Of 11 Best Solar Powered Bug Zapper
Solar products like solar-powered zappers, ovens, flashlights, and many more have taken the market by storm, and there is an abundance of choices to select the perfect product. Therefore, it can be difficult to make an ideal selection. However, we have done the footwork and brought you 8 of the best solar-powered bug zapper.
PIC Solar Insect Killer Torch is a sustainable solution designed for the outdoors. It is weatherproof and effortlessly charges using natural sunlight producing no air pollutants or fuel replacements.
- Power Source: Solar powered
- Product Dimensions: 12 x 3 x 17 inches
- Batteries: 1 Lithium-ion battery
- 🏡Professional Bug Zapper: It adopts the principle of physical mosquito killer and uses the light loving characteristics of mosquitoes to simulate the temperature feeling of human body and attract mosquitoes to approach 360 degrees in an all-round way.3 in 1 effect, the perfect combination of camping light, mosquito killer and flashlight. The solar bug zapper also combines solar panels and batteries, reducing the waste of traditional batteries and heavy metal pollution.
- 🏡Solar Energy & USB Charging: A dust-proof USB charging port is designed in the middle of the solar mosquito zapper to facilitate user operation. And it is equipped with solar charging panel, which can be used outdoors without power failure. Built in 1800mAh polymer lithium battery, lighting time up to 12 hours.
- 🏡Humanized Lighting Design: In order to adapt to various outdoor situations, flashlight mode and SOS white strobe mode are specially added for the lighting of solar bug zapper. In addition, the brightness of the bug repellent has three modes, so the mosquito repellent has a total of five lighting modes. Users can adjust at any time according to their actual needs.
- 🏡Waterproof Mosquito Killer Outdoor: The mosquito repellent outdoor is equipped with the waterproof performance of IPX7. The ultra-high waterproof grade can be directly washed with water, which is convenient for users to clean the mosquito killer. The powerful waterproof function makes the mosquito repellent fearless of outdoor storms.
- 🏡Quiet Solar Fly Repellent: The fly repellent outdoor is very quiet at work and will not produce noise, so that people can sleep peacefully at night. It is small and convenient, without chemical substances, safe and tasteless, and completely safe to use!
What We Love
We love this product because it has a flickering Light effect, almost making it look like real life. It uses UV light to attract bugs so that they can be zapped. The zapping produces no sound.
The solar-powered bug zapper is perfect for outdoor use as it is weatherproof and can sustain damages from rain, snow, or winds.
What We Didn’t Love
We didn’t love this product because a single torch just kills a few bugs every night. You should buy a few of these torches rather than just one.
We totally recommend this product, as it is one of the best deals available in the market. This product is an ideal accessory for your next outdoor trip as solar powered-bug zapper works as expected and charges well during the day.
If you’re looking for a healthier and eco-friendly option, then this is the ideal option for you. This solar powered bug zapper is waterproof and will last a long service life without maintenance. It is also a perfect option to choose for camping trips. You will not need dangerous insect repellents to keep your friends and family safe, as the Bell+Howell Monster Zapper comes with 360 degrees of all-around suction and will keep your living space and environment bug-free and sanitized.
- Colour: Black
- Power source: Solar powered
- Advanced pest control : Silent and easy to use, the ultrasonic pest repellent uses ultrasonic waves to interfere with the hearing and nervous system of rodents, making them feel uneasy and uncomfortable, ensuring that pests cannot develop immunity and adaptability so that they cannot enter your house.
- Effective against most pests: The ultrasonic pest repeller indoor is effective against all kinds of pests, such as mice, mosquitoes, ants, cockroaches, spider bugs, ants, etc. You can just use this repeller plug-in to solve many pest problems without many other traditional pest controls and without cleaning up dead pests without odors and dead bodies.
- Safe for children and pets: Low frequency electromagnetic sound waves are inaudible to human ears as well as pets, and there is no noise in the room that can affect you and your pets, so you don't have to worry about harming their health. This sonic pest repeller is safer than traditional devices and features non-toxic, odorless, and harmless to humans and pets.
- Ultimate Indoor Coverage: The electric pest repeller is effective in indoor areas up to 1600 square feet, and it is widely used in homes, warehouses, offices, gardens, hotels, etc. We recommend that you install one in each room for complete pest coverage.
- Easy to install: Simply plug the pest repellent ultrasonic plug in into the wall socket and the blue light will start repelling insects when it is on, no tools required. No need to manually try to get rid of pesky insects and rodents, just let our product do the work for you! However, please note that it takes 3 or 4 weeks for our plug in pest repeller to achieve noticeable results.
What We Love
We love that the Monster Zapper comes in a pack of two and is simple to install. It takes less than 5 minutes to be installed as it comes with stakes that can be driven into the ground, and the head should be attached. In addition to it, it can last a longer service life without maintenance or care.
What We Didn’t Love
Despite its good features and simple installation, it could do with some improvements. If you live in a bug-infested area, then you might have to buy a couple more of these solar bug zappers.
We recommend this product as some of the most decent solar-powered bug zappers, as they are safe and eco-friendly.
Lentek Bite Shield Solar-powered bug zapper has one of the easiest installations from the products. You just need to hang it somewhere high where it receives the sunlight.
- Power source: Solar powered
- Colour: Green
- Weight: 2 pounds
- This is a multi-function Solar Bug Zapper with Motion Sensor Lighting. It is not only a high-efficiency mosquito killer but also a high-lumen solar light outdoor with a motion sensor. Two working modes with two kinds of light colors, purple and white can satisfy your various needs and they can work at the same time.
- 2-In-1 Outdoor Solar Bug Zapper: You can switch between wall light mode, mosquito killer mode, and both modes working at the same time by pressing the power switch. Charge in the sun during the day and automatically start working at night.
- Effective Physical Mosquito Zapper: Taking advantage of the phototaxis of insects such as mosquitoes, flies, and moths. JXYUEWL Bug Zapper adopts ultraviolet light and a high-powered electric grid to attract and zap flying insects. Keep your outdoor space free from mosquitoes.
- Solar Motion Sensor Lights: At night, the ultra-bright LED lights are activated by motion and the lights will automatically turn on and illuminate doorways, garages, sidewalks, and more outdoor spaces. The device lights your way home with its motion-activated LED lights.
- Easy Installation: This mosquito zapper is made of IP65 waterproof and fireproof ABS material which is durable, weather-resistant, and heatproof. The solar lights outdoor have two installation ways, using screws. No wiring is required, just takes a little time to finish the installation.
What We Love
We love this product because it has a metal grill that kills mosquitoes, months, and files when it passes through the high voltage. The insect getting in contact with a 1200C charged grill dies.
It has a loop for hanging, so it requires no complex installation. It also has a long-running time and usually lasts up to 8 hours.
What We Didn’t Love
There is no information regarding the warranty of the product and eliminates only a few bugs at night.
We recommend this product as it has a long-running time and the installation is not very complex. It has a loop that can be hung from a height.
Bug Zapper Lantern is a highly efficient, sturdy stainless, and extremely portable solar bug zapper that attracts said mosquitos, flies, fruit flies, and other pesky bugs. Suppose you consider the run times of another solar-powered zapper in the market against the White Kaiman Solar-Powered Mosquito Killer lamp. In that case, it gives you over 40 hours of zapping with just 5 hours of charging with direct exposure to sunlight. It’s one of the incredible products as it has unparalleled durability.
- Colour: White
- Charge Time: Full after 5 hours
- Power source: Solar powered
- Capacity: 1800 mAh
- 【Earth Projector And Moon Projector Combination】: A cool projection lamp come with tow patterns: the earth and the moon. You can change the pattern you want at will
- 【Space Light Is No Need To Install & Easy To Use】：A stable tripod bracket, the moon（earth） lamp head can be rotated and bent without restriction.Length of the cable is 4.1FT, and the irradiation distance is 6.5FT to 9.84FT. You can project wherever you want. For example: bedroom ceiling, courtyard exterior wall, photography backdrop, pub dance floor, etc.
- 【IP33 Protection Level】: With a metal body and a thicker rubber bracket, which is more sturdy and not easy to be damaged by children.5W energy-saving LED light to ensure fast heat dissipation.
- 【Powered By USB &Portable】: You can use mobile power to supply power, and it can be used anytime and anywhere without a fixed power socket. Connect to a plug/power bank/computer and other USB interface devices for power supply.
- 【Excellent Gift Choice & Room Decor & Night Light Projector】: Create a magnificent cosmic landscape in the room, suitable for children, bedroom decoration, birthday parties, live photography and so on. We offer lifetime technical support. If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact us.
What We Love
We love this product because it can also work as a normal lantern with cold white LED Light. It is extremely portable and waterproof, making it ideal for camping or hanging outdoors. When you are not using this as a bug zapper, you can use the LED lights as a traditional lantern.
What We Didn’t Love
We loved everything about this product except that it is not as effective at instant bug zapping as other mentioned products.
We recommend this product mainly for two reasons. In a single charge, the first can last up to 4p hours, and the second is the dual nature of the product. Depending on your need, you can use it as a traditional lantern or a bug zapper.
As the name implies, this bug zapper comes with two LED lanterns and UV lights of 500v zapper. It is charged using solar or AC power and has a battery life of up to 12 hours.
- Power: 500-Volt
- LED Settings: 60 lumens, 90 lumens and 180 lumens
- Installation: Place, hook or hang
- Used: Indoors or outdoors
- 🔆【Solar Christmas Lights】 Solar Christmas lights create a romantic and warm atmosphere for your garden. Constant light working mode provides you with the best outdoor lighting experience, and is the perfect decoration for your garden, courtyard and path.
- 🔆【Easy to install】 The solar decorative lamp is very easy to install. Take out the lamp pole and insert it into the soft ground. It lights up automatically in the dark at night and charges when the day comes.
- 🔆【Long term upgraded solar panel】 The upgraded solar panel is made of monocrystalline silicon, which has the highest photoelectric conversion efficiency among various solar cells, and can be lit for 8-12 hours after full charge.
- 🔆【Suitable scene】 The solar Christmas garden decorative lights can bring excellent lighting effects to the courtyard, garden, wedding, anniversary, party, Halloween, Christmas and other occasions, creating a romantic and festive atmosphere.
- 🔆【Your ideal gift】 is an ideal gift for family and friends, and a perfect gift for friends or family at Christmas! It adds an atmosphere of joy and vitality to different occasions.
What We Love
What we love is this product can get charged using solar power or simply the micro-USB charger, and the charged battery lasts up to 12 hours, making this an ideal option for all those late-night cookouts and parties.
What We Didn’t Love
What we didn’t love about this product is the fact that it is quite expensive. And while it is perfect to use outdoors, the charging time at times can be quite frustrating. Sometimes, it doesn’t even last 6 hours, even after charging for about an entire day. Other concerns would be, the solar-powered bug zapper is made with weak plastic poles and would hardly stand against the windy conditions.
We recommend this solar bug zapper as it can light up your outdoor and indoors and simultaneously zapping away the bugs and insects.
Other Solar Powered Bug Zapper Worth Considering
If the options mentioned, do not suit your purchasing needs. Take a look at a few mentioned below.
GutResise Solar Bug Lamp
The solar bug zapper fits offices, restaurants, hospitals, and outdoors like camping and comes with a 90-day warranty.
- Rottweiler Family Statues:Mother rottweiler takes her children to guard your home,welcomes you home, welcome guests. Realistic dog statue decor, the lifelike rottweiler retriever will guard your garden faithfully.
- Solar LED lights : This rottweiler light keeper statue, use this pet statue as a path light, tree house decor, patio courtesy light. A solar lamp in dog's mouth, and the LED light will automatically light up at night. (Removable solar light)
- LED Lamp Figurine is Solar Powered : Simply press the button and leave it in the "on" position during the daytime. The solar dog statue will charge 5-8 hours during the day and light up at night for 8-10 hours. Auto turns on at dusk and off at dawn.
- Perfect Size :This dog figurine perfect decorate the garden, path, and other outdoor places, it also looks wonderful on the lawn, in the flower pot or under the tree, outdoor patio yard decorations.
- After-sales Service: If you got any problems, do not hesitate, contact us through e-mail, we will answer you as soon as possible.
Pure Garden Solar Bug Zapper
Pure Garden Solar Bug Zapper is of high-quality design, waterproof and weather-resistant design. It is portable and easy to install.
- 🔌【Specification】 16/3 outdoor extension cord 50ft, 16 gauge with 3 pure copper wire conductors 125V, 13Amp, 1625watts, male plug NEMA5-15P, female plug NEMA5-15R, SJTW cord, ETL listed.
- 🔌【Protection】 Water-resistant flexible PVC jacket protects power cords from rain, sunlight and abrasion.
- 🔌【Bright Color】 Outdoor extension cords have highly visible orange jacket that provides extra safety to prevent you from tripping while working in the yard.
- 🔌【Multipurpose】 All Purpose extension cord for Indoor and Outdoor use. Perfect for holiday and backyard lighting, lawn and garden equipment, bug zappers and other power tools.
- 🔌【What you get】 50ft outdoor extension cord with Velcro helps you repack and recycle the extension cord when not in use. A friendly and reliable customer service will get back to you within 24 hours.
- Pranite Bug Zapper
Paranite Bug Zapper can be used indoor and outdoor as it is portable and is an efficient and effective mosquito killer.
- Bug zapper, 15W bulb and 4200V power grid 2-in-1 to eliminate mosquitoes, moths, bugs, flies
- Bug zapper outdoor, ABS narrow housing can effectively protect your fingers from touching power grid
- Mosquito Zapper, it is suitable for outdoors and indoors, such as patio, backyard, garden, balcony, parlor, bedroom, etc
- Outdoor bug zapper, convenient hanging ring allows mosquito zapper to be hung on the hook, branch and porch
- Bug zapper outdoor is easy to clean. Try to resinstall the bulb if it does not light up after plugged in. It might be loose while delivering
What do we mean by a solar-powered bug zapper, and how does it work?
The solar-powered bug zapper is like the electrical zapper, except it works on a sustainable form of solar energy. The bug zapper or torches emit UV light, which attracts insects, and then when in contact with the charged grill, they die. UV light attracts the moth. They bring themselves in touch with the grill and perish.
Why use a solar-powered bug zapper?
Solar-powered bug rappers are highly efficient and durable. It consumes renewable forms of energy to sustain the environment. The zapper having high-quality components gets charged during the daytime and automatically works during any day.
Are they worth it over other conventional options?
Yes, the solar-powered bug zapper is a more convenient option against other conventional sources. As it uses solar energy, which is in abundance. The solar-powered bug zapper uses the renewable form of energy and helps sustain the environment. Solar-powered bug zapper uses renewable energy to sustain the environment. Renewable energy is a naturally occurring energy source and is inexhaustible. Solar energy produces no fossil or nuclear fuel hence works in an eco-friendly way.
Should you just DIY a Solar-powered Bug Zapper
Yes, it is possible to build a solar-powered bug zapper. But rather than spending so much time making it, it is easier to buy it as it is not expensive. It can be built within a few minutes with few items and a load of time.
Items you will need-:
- An old lantern
- 6V rechargeable acid battery
- 6 Long wooden dowels
- 1-yard mesh plywood.
- 2 garden plant vase dish
Steps to build a Solar-powered Bug Zapper
In 5 simple steps, it is possible to build your solar-powered bug zapper. The fives steps are as follows:-
- Make the foundation using the parts from the old lantern. Use the vase to make the base and mount the mesh using the wood. Ensure the diameter is measured to fit snugly in the end caps.
- Drill holes in the base and use the dowel as an insulator between the mesh to make the structure. Make 6 holes for wood dowel and ensure they are equally spaced around the base and inner mesh intersecting them.
- After the alignment, use a solar panel on one side and paint the other with black color. Solder the leads from the mesh wires in the corner.
- Use the handle from an old lantern by cutting slots on top of the endcap. Mount the power cord, switch, led’s, and handles.
- The components from the old lantern are mounted on the bug zapper, and everything is glued together.
The solar-powered bug zapper is ready to kill all moths, bugs, and insects.
Pros and cons of solar powered bug zapper
- Eco-Friendly: A solar-powered bug zapper has less risk against the traditional fire torch, emitting pollutants in the environment. It is eco-friendly and considers a green and effective bug or insect control instrument.
- Easy To Use: The installation of solar-powered bug zappers is not very complex and easy to use.
- Versatile and functional: The solar bug zapper can be used both outdoors and indoors. It is functional, and you can use it anywhere if charged enough with the sunlight.
- Safe: As it doesn’t spray any toxic chemicals, it’s safe for pets and children.
- Noise: Some solar bug zappers produce zapping noises.
- Ineffective: Bug zappers are ineffective against mosquitoes.
Do bug zappers kill all types of insects?
Well, it depends on the type of bug zapper you are buying, but the most common bugs killed by solar-powered bug zappers include flies, moths, bugs, and mosquitos.
Does the solar-powered bug zapper come with a catch tray?
Mostly, only indoor bug zappers come with catch trays.
Are solar powered bug zappers waterproof?
Yes, the solar-powered bug zappers are waterproof and can stand damages against rain, wind, and air.
What is the best location to put a solar powered bug zapper?
Generally, try positioning 29 feet away from where your family and friends are, mostly hanging it from the tree or by the pole in your patio where the sunlight reaches easily.
Can I clean my solar bug zapper?
If the solar-powered bug zapper is made of plastic, you can wipe it with a piece of cloth. And another bug zapper can be cleaned with a brush.
Does the solar bug zapper work in daylight?
Yes, it does work in daylight but is not very effective. Daylight should be used to charge the zapper and used at night when bugs and flying insects are more active at night.
Tips and tricks for using a solar powered bug zapper
- Make sure the solar panel is placed where it can get enough sunlight.
- Ensure it is well charged during the daytime.
- Don’t replace the battery often, if it comes with a battery as it is only one-
- time spent.
- Look for a solar-powered bug zapper with a large solar panel to get enough sunlight throughout the day.
- Be careful; while cleaning, don’t get the water on top of the device. Mostly, the bug zappers are pretty much self-cleaning and will drop the bugs out from the bottom.
- Some bug zappers don’t work well during the day. Use that time to charge your solar-powered bug zapper and use it with more insects and mosquitoes during the night.
- To ensure optimal charging, remove any obstacles obscuring its position. Strategically place the item where it receives enough sunlight.
- Check the warranty before buying the solar-powered bug zapper.
- For efficient and effective zapping of bugs, leave the solar-powered bug zapper 24/7. Alternatively, charge it during the day and keep using it from dusk to dawn.
Check out other solar products too: