Find the best solar powered bug zappers here.
When on a camping trip for an adventure, often bugs and insects can ruin the trip. What if there was an eco-friendly manner to kill those insects? The solution for this is a modern innovation in bug-zapping tech; a solar powered bug zapper will quickly invade the insects and pests without requiring proximity to a power outlet, killing insects that may invade your property or camping trip.
As the name implies, it uses solar energy just like any other solar-powered device. Solar bug zapper uses photovoltaic cells to draw in energy from the sun, then electrocute the insects upon the touch and attract them using life. It also generates electricity to power the light source. This article compiles comprehensive information about the 8 solar-powered bug zappers to help you make an ideal purchase.
What to Look For in a “Solar-Powered Bug Zapper”
Before you purchase a solar-powered bug zapper, these are some essential considerations you need to know to make an informed purchasing decision.
- Installation – Some solar powered bug zappers are difficult to install, while others are easier to hang using the loop.
- High Voltage: If you live in bug-infested areas, you should select a solar-powered bug zapper with a killer grill of 1000 volts current.
- Design And Style: Design matters even if you’re using the solar product to kill insects. Choose the design according to the requirement. For indoors, looped bug zapper can be used, and for outdoors staked one.
- Quality: Always purchase solar products from trusted brands or are recognized brands.
- Charging and running time: the solar-powered bug zapper will get charged during the day and power the rapper by night. Before purchasing any bug zapper, make sure to check the charging and running time.
- Price: Price is the constant consideration. When you give more money, you should receive more features. Pay the money equivalent to the features of the product.
- USB Cable: For indoors or outdoors, if you need a super-strong solar-bug zapper, then ensure it comes with a USB cable so that you can charge it even if sunlight is not present.
- Material: Most bug zappers in the market are made of plastic, which is easier to clean and break. However, solar bug zapper made up of steel and aluminum is durable and less susceptible to damages.
- Warranty: Purchase a solar-powered bug zapper with at least 1 year of warranty. Of course, if it’s longer than 12 months, then the better the product is.
List Of 11 Best Solar Powered Bug Zapper
Solar products like solar-powered zappers, ovens, flashlights, and many more have taken the market by storm, and there is an abundance of choices to select the perfect product. Therefore, it can be difficult to make an ideal selection. However, we have done the footwork and brought you 8 of the best solar-powered bug zapper.
PIC Solar Insect Killer Torch is a sustainable solution designed for the outdoors. It is weatherproof and effortlessly charges using natural sunlight producing no air pollutants or fuel replacements.
- Power Source: Solar powered
- Product Dimensions: 12 x 3 x 17 inches
- Batteries: 1 Lithium-ion battery
- 【VIVID FLAME EFFECT & WIDELY USED】Rufykiri Solar Torch Lights create a gorgeous, soft and warm glow, safely replacing the REAL FLAME. With a romantic atmosphere, it is the best decoration for your Garden, Park, Deck and Pathway as well as for outdoor activities such as Camping, Party, Barbecue, Halloween and Christmas.
- 【MULTIPLE INSTALLATION OPTIONS】No wires needed, these solar torches are easily to assemble. Using different accessories of Ground Stake, L-Type Wall Linker and Ground/Wall Base, Solar Torch Light With Flickering Flame can meet various demand, such as installation on the wall, inserted into the ground and placed on the anywhere.
- 【SOLAR POWERED & LONG LIGHTING】Equipped with 600mAh rechargeable Ni-MH battery, Torch Light runs on solar power, so you can place it anywhere under direct sunlight. When fully charged, it can light up to 8-10 hours. When first used, please switch the on button and charge it under direct sunlight at least 8 hours.
- 【WATERPROOF & WEATHER RESISTANT】Made of high quality durable and waterproof ABS material, Flickering Flame Solar Lights can withstand most of weather conditions, no worries about raining, snowing and frosting. With mood-enhancing flame, Rufykiri Solar Lights Outdoor is the best decoration for Patio, Pool and Yard.
- 【BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE & WARM TIPS】We have ONE YEAR return policy for Rufykiri solar torch lights. For any problems, please contact us via amazon or service-email, our professional customer support team will solve your problems within 24 hours. Please read the light’s instruction carefully before use.
What We Love
We love this product because it has a flickering Light effect, almost making it look like real life. It uses UV light to attract bugs so that they can be zapped. The zapping produces no sound.
The solar-powered bug zapper is perfect for outdoor use as it is weatherproof and can sustain damages from rain, snow, or winds.
What We Didn’t Love
We didn’t love this product because a single torch just kills a few bugs every night. You should buy a few of these torches rather than just one.
We totally recommend this product, as it is one of the best deals available in the market. This product is an ideal accessory for your next outdoor trip as solar powered-bug zapper works as expected and charges well during the day.
If you’re looking for a healthier and eco-friendly option, then this is the ideal option for you. This solar powered bug zapper is waterproof and will last a long service life without maintenance. It is also a perfect option to choose for camping trips. You will not need dangerous insect repellents to keep your friends and family safe, as the Bell+Howell Monster Zapper comes with 360 degrees of all-around suction and will keep your living space and environment bug-free and sanitized.
- Colour: Black
- Power source: Solar powered
- Product Size:13inx 1in，pls see the image on the left side to know if it fits your product size
- LED Black Lights Light Wavelength 365-370NM Energy Saving and Eco-friendly, Longer lifetime
- PC LED tube, Not easy to break, 360° Beam angle, Premium copper electric inserting needle ensure high conductivity
- LED Tubes are engineered and constructed with high regard for quality, safety and endurance. They have lower energy consumption and with no mercury pollution
- New Upgrades: Compare with the traditional 10 watt Glass Fluorescent Light, this new Dual-Chips 10w led lights is brighter and efficient
What We Love
We love that the Monster Zapper comes in a pack of two and is simple to install. It takes less than 5 minutes to be installed as it comes with stakes that can be driven into the ground, and the head should be attached. In addition to it, it can last a longer service life without maintenance or care.
What We Didn’t Love
Despite its good features and simple installation, it could do with some improvements. If you live in a bug-infested area, then you might have to buy a couple more of these solar bug zappers.
We recommend this product as some of the most decent solar-powered bug zappers, as they are safe and eco-friendly.
Lentek Bite Shield Solar-powered bug zapper has one of the easiest installations from the products. You just need to hang it somewhere high where it receives the sunlight.
- Power source: Solar powered
- Colour: Green
- Weight: 2 pounds
- 110V AC to 12V DC ADAPTER - This universal adapter converts 110V AC input to 12V DC output so you can power your 12V devices from a standard household plug
- 6 FOOT LONG POWER CORD - The generous black 6 foot (1.8m) cord is long enough to reach wherever you need it
- UNIVERSAL FIT - With a universal 12V socket, you can use this versatile adapter to power any device rated at 5 amps or less that you would plug into your vehicle’s cigarette lighter
- AUTOMATIC RESET CIRCUIT BREAKER - As a safety feature, a built-in circuit breaker protects your devices and power source from damage caused by overloads or short circuits and automatically resets after a fault
- MAKE YOUR 12V DEVICES TWICE AS USEFUL - With this 12V AC adapter you can double the usefulness of your 12V travel products - use your cooler as a bar fridge, inflate your pool toys without draining your battery, and more
What We Love
We love this product because it has a metal grill that kills mosquitoes, months, and files when it passes through the high voltage. The insect getting in contact with a 1200C charged grill dies.
It has a loop for hanging, so it requires no complex installation. It also has a long-running time and usually lasts up to 8 hours.
What We Didn’t Love
There is no information regarding the warranty of the product and eliminates only a few bugs at night.
We recommend this product as it has a long-running time and the installation is not very complex. It has a loop that can be hung from a height.
Bug Zapper Lantern is a highly efficient, sturdy stainless, and extremely portable solar bug zapper that attracts said mosquitos, flies, fruit flies, and other pesky bugs. Suppose you consider the run times of another solar-powered zapper in the market against the White Kaiman Solar-Powered Mosquito Killer lamp. In that case, it gives you over 40 hours of zapping with just 5 hours of charging with direct exposure to sunlight. It’s one of the incredible products as it has unparalleled durability.
- Colour: White
- Charge Time: Full after 5 hours
- Power source: Solar powered
- Capacity: 1800 mAh
- ✅ Bundle Includes: This bundle includes LEONLITE 2-pack outdoor dusk to dawn wall lantern, white water ripple glass porch light and TORCHSTAR 12-pack T45 LED 4W vintage Edison bulb, 40W Eqv. 2200K amber warm
- ✅ [Dusk to Dawn Sensor Outdoor Wall Lantern]: Built-in Photocell Sensor: This white outdoor wall lanern with the sensitive built-in photocell sensor, this outdoor wall light turns on at night and off at daytime automatically. It works as normal when installed under eaves. It's easy to use, no manual control needed
- ✅ [Dusk to Dawn Sensor Outdoor Wall Lantern]: Corrosion-resistant Aluminum: Made with weather-resistant aluminum material, our outdoor dusk to dawn porch light is rust and corrosion resistant, wet location rated, and has excellent heat dissipation. The frosted texture gives this light a more high-end look
- ✅ [12-Pack T45 LED 4W Vintage Edison Bulb]: User-Friendly: The bulb's standard E26 base lets it be used in a variety of fixtures. It also has a wide 110V-130V voltage range
- ✅ [12-Pack T45 LED 4W Vintage Edison Bulb]: Quality You Can Trust: UL listed this bulb is safe to use. It also comes with a 2-year warranty and reliable customer service
What We Love
We love this product because it can also work as a normal lantern with cold white LED Light. It is extremely portable and waterproof, making it ideal for camping or hanging outdoors. When you are not using this as a bug zapper, you can use the LED lights as a traditional lantern.
What We Didn’t Love
We loved everything about this product except that it is not as effective at instant bug zapping as other mentioned products.
We recommend this product mainly for two reasons. In a single charge, the first can last up to 4p hours, and the second is the dual nature of the product. Depending on your need, you can use it as a traditional lantern or a bug zapper.
As the name implies, this bug zapper comes with two LED lanterns and UV lights of 500v zapper. It is charged using solar or AC power and has a battery life of up to 12 hours.
- Power: 500-Volt
- LED Settings: 60 lumens, 90 lumens and 180 lumens
- Installation: Place, hook or hang
- Used: Indoors or outdoors
- ★【Unique indoor plant lighting solution】: warm natural light is more suitable for indoor plants, will not hurt the eyes (wavelength from 380nm to 800nm). They will be inserted in the soil/flower pots, so they are suitable for small plants (hanging, trellis, potted plants, etc.), and are also perfect decorations for offices and living rooms.
- ★【Automatic timer, on/off switch】: full spectrum, the light is operated by a built-in timer, with 3 colors of light, which can stay on for 4/8/12 hours. Just turn on/off the switch as needed, no need to unplug/replug.
- ★【Height adjustable】: just insert it in the potted plant itself, no need to clamp/clamp it on the surface, the pole can also be stretched up and down, which is very convenient, it can keep the plant at a reasonable height, and can also cover A larger space, when it is fully expanded, can illuminate more plants nearby.
- ★【Brighter plant light with 4 dimmable levels】: Our plant light has more new technology LED diodes to make it brighter and more efficient. There are also 4 brightness settings. The growth light greatly promotes indoor growth, it can accelerate photosynthesis, and is very suitable for all growth stages and various plants.
- ★【Easy Installation】: 2-Step installation, no tool required. Quite easy to assemble and use. (Pot and Plant Not Included). 2 styles are available. The style of 1 head is 1 switch with 1 light, and the style of 2 heads is 1 switch with 2 lights (the 2 lights are connected together, they are controlled by 1 switch).
What We Love
What we love is this product can get charged using solar power or simply the micro-USB charger, and the charged battery lasts up to 12 hours, making this an ideal option for all those late-night cookouts and parties.
What We Didn’t Love
What we didn’t love about this product is the fact that it is quite expensive. And while it is perfect to use outdoors, the charging time at times can be quite frustrating. Sometimes, it doesn’t even last 6 hours, even after charging for about an entire day. Other concerns would be, the solar-powered bug zapper is made with weak plastic poles and would hardly stand against the windy conditions.
We recommend this solar bug zapper as it can light up your outdoor and indoors and simultaneously zapping away the bugs and insects.
Other Solar Powered Bug Zapper Worth Considering
If the options mentioned, do not suit your purchasing needs. Take a look at a few mentioned below.
GutResise Solar Bug Lamp
The solar bug zapper fits offices, restaurants, hospitals, and outdoors like camping and comes with a 90-day warranty.
- 2 in 1 light: The solar bug zapper has two modes, warm and purple. Purple light can effectively attract insects, and the built-in power grid can kill flying insects and protect your family from annoying mosquitoes; warm lighting decoration at night.
- Solar powered: This outdoor solar LED mosquito killer does not need to replace the battery; if the panel absorbs enough sunlight during the day, it will automatically turn on at dusk and can work continuously for more than 8 hours, which is energy-saving and environmentally friendly.
- Outdoor waterproof: Designed with a top cover, this bug zapper is rainproof; you can ideally use it outdoors and enjoy risk-free summer nights without annoying buzzing and painful bites.
- Easy to install: Only need to be fixed on the wall, no need to charge, no need to wire. After installation, you can switch to the mode used. Please install the solar lamp in the sun to get a better charging effect.
- Customer Service: We provide a 5-year quality guarantee. If you encounter any problems when using our mosquito killer, please feel free to contact us and we will solve it for you as soon as possible.
Pure Garden Solar Bug Zapper
Pure Garden Solar Bug Zapper is of high-quality design, waterproof and weather-resistant design. It is portable and easy to install.
- BEAUTIFUL OUTDOOR LIGHTING- The lights have a stylish gunmetal finish and provide lighting that beautifully accents your outdoor space. The set of 8 solar lights require no wiring, so they are a practical way to add a tasteful decorative glow.
- DURABLE- Made with a durable stainless steel body, these lights are designed to be weather resistant for multi-season use. They are perfect for lining your home’s driveway, garden paths, decks, patios, walkways and more!
- LONGER LASTING- Each light contains a solar panel and rechargeable 1 AA 1.2 V600 mAh- Ni-MH.battery for long lasting performance. The battery fully charges by solar power during the day, automatically turns on at dusk, and lasts for 6 hours per use.
- EASY INSTALLATION- The solar lights convert sunlight collected during day for automatic hassle-free illumination in the evening. They require no electricity and feature a wireless set up for quick and easy installation!
- PRODUCT DETAILS- Dimensions: 16" x 4.5" x 4.5" . Product material: stainless steel, PS and PP. Lens material: PS, clear. Solar panel: polycrystalline, 2V/60mA. Battery: 1XAA 1.2V 600mAh Ni-MH. Light: 1X LED, white, 6 lumens
- Pranite Bug Zapper
Paranite Bug Zapper can be used indoor and outdoor as it is portable and is an efficient and effective mosquito killer.
- The electronic bug zapper contains high intensity ultraviolet light, which lures mosquito, bugs, gnats, moths and other insects into it and kills them with electricity
- The mosquitoes and bugs will be electrocuted once touch the 4200V high voltage powered electric grid, the internal grids also have a ABS housing design to prevent children and animals from touching the electrified grids inside the device
- This insect killer can attract mosquitoes both outdoors and indoors, you can hang it with a hook or simply placed on the solid surface, can be widely used in living room, kitchen, deck, patio, garden or other similar places
- Easy to operate, plug into electrical outlet, no need batteries. When using this mosquito killer, please turn off or dim the surrounding lights to get the best results. In order to better kill mosquitoes, do not place them in strong winds or next to other light sources
- The removable tray at the base of this bug zapper, which makes it easy to clean, just remove the tray and clean it with water or use the provide brush for clean the unit
What do we mean by a solar-powered bug zapper, and how does it work?
The solar-powered bug zapper is like the electrical zapper, except it works on a sustainable form of solar energy. The bug zapper or torches emit UV light, which attracts insects, and then when in contact with the charged grill, they die. UV light attracts the moth. They bring themselves in touch with the grill and perish.
Why use a solar-powered bug zapper?
Solar-powered bug rappers are highly efficient and durable. It consumes renewable forms of energy to sustain the environment. The zapper having high-quality components gets charged during the daytime and automatically works during any day.
Are they worth it over other conventional options?
Yes, the solar-powered bug zapper is a more convenient option against other conventional sources. As it uses solar energy, which is in abundance. The solar-powered bug zapper uses the renewable form of energy and helps sustain the environment. Solar-powered bug zapper uses renewable energy to sustain the environment. Renewable energy is a naturally occurring energy source and is inexhaustible. Solar energy produces no fossil or nuclear fuel hence works in an eco-friendly way.
Should you just DIY a Solar-powered Bug Zapper
Yes, it is possible to build a solar-powered bug zapper. But rather than spending so much time making it, it is easier to buy it as it is not expensive. It can be built within a few minutes with few items and a load of time.
Items you will need-:
- An old lantern
- 6V rechargeable acid battery
- 6 Long wooden dowels
- 1-yard mesh plywood.
- 2 garden plant vase dish
Steps to build a Solar-powered Bug Zapper
In 5 simple steps, it is possible to build your solar-powered bug zapper. The fives steps are as follows:-
- Make the foundation using the parts from the old lantern. Use the vase to make the base and mount the mesh using the wood. Ensure the diameter is measured to fit snugly in the end caps.
- Drill holes in the base and use the dowel as an insulator between the mesh to make the structure. Make 6 holes for wood dowel and ensure they are equally spaced around the base and inner mesh intersecting them.
- After the alignment, use a solar panel on one side and paint the other with black color. Solder the leads from the mesh wires in the corner.
- Use the handle from an old lantern by cutting slots on top of the endcap. Mount the power cord, switch, led’s, and handles.
- The components from the old lantern are mounted on the bug zapper, and everything is glued together.
The solar-powered bug zapper is ready to kill all moths, bugs, and insects.
Pros and cons of solar powered bug zapper
- Eco-Friendly: A solar-powered bug zapper has less risk against the traditional fire torch, emitting pollutants in the environment. It is eco-friendly and considers a green and effective bug or insect control instrument.
- Easy To Use: The installation of solar-powered bug zappers is not very complex and easy to use.
- Versatile and functional: The solar bug zapper can be used both outdoors and indoors. It is functional, and you can use it anywhere if charged enough with the sunlight.
- Safe: As it doesn’t spray any toxic chemicals, it’s safe for pets and children.
- Noise: Some solar bug zappers produce zapping noises.
- Ineffective: Bug zappers are ineffective against mosquitoes.
Do bug zappers kill all types of insects?
Well, it depends on the type of bug zapper you are buying, but the most common bugs killed by solar-powered bug zappers include flies, moths, bugs, and mosquitos.
Does the solar-powered bug zapper come with a catch tray?
Mostly, only indoor bug zappers come with catch trays.
Are solar powered bug zappers waterproof?
Yes, the solar-powered bug zappers are waterproof and can stand damages against rain, wind, and air.
What is the best location to put a solar powered bug zapper?
Generally, try positioning 29 feet away from where your family and friends are, mostly hanging it from the tree or by the pole in your patio where the sunlight reaches easily.
Can I clean my solar bug zapper?
If the solar-powered bug zapper is made of plastic, you can wipe it with a piece of cloth. And another bug zapper can be cleaned with a brush.
Does the solar bug zapper work in daylight?
Yes, it does work in daylight but is not very effective. Daylight should be used to charge the zapper and used at night when bugs and flying insects are more active at night.
Tips and tricks for using a solar powered bug zapper
- Make sure the solar panel is placed where it can get enough sunlight.
- Ensure it is well charged during the daytime.
- Don’t replace the battery often, if it comes with a battery as it is only one-
- time spent.
- Look for a solar-powered bug zapper with a large solar panel to get enough sunlight throughout the day.
- Be careful; while cleaning, don’t get the water on top of the device. Mostly, the bug zappers are pretty much self-cleaning and will drop the bugs out from the bottom.
- Some bug zappers don’t work well during the day. Use that time to charge your solar-powered bug zapper and use it with more insects and mosquitoes during the night.
- To ensure optimal charging, remove any obstacles obscuring its position. Strategically place the item where it receives enough sunlight.
- Check the warranty before buying the solar-powered bug zapper.
- For efficient and effective zapping of bugs, leave the solar-powered bug zapper 24/7. Alternatively, charge it during the day and keep using it from dusk to dawn.
Check out other solar products too: