Often wondered to prevent the solar batteries to overcharge during the day ? Or reduce the battery draining? Surely you do. So, stop thinking too much because Solar Charge Controller will cure your problems.
Solar Charge Controller is the manager of the power going into the battery bank, which comes from solar energy. So if you are planning to get a solar charge controller, then have a look at some of these solar charge controllers. And choose the product which best fits your needs. If you want to know how a Solar Charge Controller works, you can read an in-depth report on it here.
List Of 10 Best Solar Charge Controller
Many of Renogy’s happy customers have praised it. For being suitable for minor power needs, durable, well built, and reliable. This advanced negative-ground solar controller is designed for off-grid solar applications. And you can use it with a 12V/24V battery or battery bank.
Integrating highly efficient PWM charging, this solar charge controller increases battery life and improves system performance too. Besides the simple interface, it uses an LCD to notify the user of battery information.
Also, you don’t need to have the stress of installation mistakes or system faults. Because it comes equipped with fully comprehensive self-diagnostics and electronic protection functions. The compact size of it makes it easy to install literally.
The integrated RS232 port allows communication with the BT-1 Bluetooth module and usage of the Renogy BT smartphone app. It can also charge over-discharged lithium batteries.
- Compatible with multiple battery types (sealed, gel, flooded, and lithium)
- Smart 4 Stage PWM charging (Bulk, Boost, Float, and Equalization)
- Sturdy and corrosion-resistant
- RS232 communication port
- 36V/48V Automatic System Recognition of Lead Acid Batteries.
- Adaptable to a wide solar panel input voltage for appropriate battery charging.
- Multi-Function LEDs display system information and identify any errors.
- Advanced MPPT Technology with minimum 99% tracking efficiency and 91% charge conversion efficiency.
- 4-preset battery charge profiles for AGM/Sealed, Gel, Flooded, and Lithium. User mode also available for a wide variety of applications.
EPEVER SOLAR Charge Controller uses components of international famous brands of ST and IR’s, which ensures the product service life. In addition, it can track the MPP point fast and accurately in any situation. So, it will improve energy efficiency and get the maximum solar energy.
Also, it has features like accurately recognizing and ultra-fast tracking of multiple power points. Therefore, providing maximum conversion efficiency.
This Solar Charge Controller operates with gel, sealed and flooded, lithium battery type. With the multi-function LCD display system, it can also be linked to a PC software or mobile phone app.
It’s 4 stage MPPT battery charging with multiple load work modes ensure maximum battery life protection. It best fits small DC applications, like, LED, Fan. AC load should be connected with the inverter (inverter to be connected with the battery directly).
- The advanced MPPT control algorithm
- High-quality components
- Common negative grounding design
- Maximum input voltage 100V
- EPEVER XTRA N series MPPT charge controller, 30A Charge controller; Max Solar power input 1560W when battery is 48V, 1170W when battery is 36V, 780W when 24V system,390W when 24V system; Max solar input voltage up to 150V（138V At 25℃/77°F environment temperature）
- Negative Grounding 30A MPPT controller, 12V 24V system AUTO, work with 12V24V36V48V Lead-acid(Sealed,Gel,Flooded) and LiFePO4, Li(NiCoMn)O2 battery, User.
- Max. conversion efficiency up to 98.6%, Advanced MPPT technology & ultra-fast tracking speed guarantee tracking efficiency up to 99.5%,Limit charging power & current over rated value.
- 30amp MPPT charging with Adanced Display, Wide MPP operating voltage range(Battery voltage +2V)~108V, Real-time energy statistics function
- IP33 Ingress protection and Full PV charging protection, High quality and low failure rate components of ST or IR to ensure service life, CE certification(LVD EN/IEC62109,EMC EN61000-6-1/3)
One more Renogy Solar Charge Controller in our list. The Renogy Adventurer is compatible with 12V and 24V systems. And above all, always ready with sealed, gel, flooded, and lithium battery options.
It has a smart 4 stage PWM charging and temperature compensation. Combined with intelligent protection against reverse polarity, overcharging, short-circuit and reverse current. It increases battery life and improves system performance too.
If you want to charge your mobile phones, tablets, or speaker it has a USB port on the front side for that. In addition, the RS232 port allows communication with the BT-1 Bluetooth module and usage of the Renogy BT smartphone app. So you can monitor and adjust the stats on your system.
You can flush mount it on walls. However if flush mounting does not appeal to you, then the surface mount attachment allows for versatility in mounting.
- Wide Temperature Compensation Range up to 176 F
- RS232 Communication Port
- Included Sensors for a more accurate reading
- 4 stage PWM charging
- Compatible with 12V and 24V system
- Product 1: With a flex range of up to 248 degrees, this panel is capable of meeting a wide range of applications where standard panels can be inconvenient to mount, such as on the curved roof of an airstream.
- Product 1: ETFE material has higher light transmittance, longer service life than PET material. ETFE material also has antifouling and self-cleaning abilities, ensure best performance day after day.
- Product 1: Thanks to advanced polymer materials, this product weighs 70% less than conventional solar panels, making transportation and installation a breeze. The lightweight design also contributes to lower mpg on vehicles.
- Product 1: Sleek and barely noticeable, the Renogy 100W flexible solar panel laid flat is only a tenth of an inch tall! Approximately 95% thinner than its rigid counterpart, this panel is ideal for a stealthy solar setup.
- Product 2: Compatible with 12V and 24V system; Deep cycle Sealed, Gel, Flooded and Lithium battery option ready.
Victron Solar Charge Controller gathers energy from your solar panels and stores it in your batteries.
Subsequently, this solar charge controller maximizes solar energy harvesting to achieve full charge in the shortest possible time.
The Victron Solar charge controller maintains battery health. Meanwhile, the ultra-fast Maximum Power Point tracking and advanced Maximum Power Point Detection improves system performance.
Also, it possesses outstanding conversion efficiency. In addition, the smart features, including Bluetooth connectivity makes it very convenient to monitor the stats on your smartphone.
- Natural convection cooling
- Automatic battery voltage recognition
- The Bluetooth control feature
- A dedicated 5V power supply protection chip is added to the communication port, which has short‑circuit protection and current‑limiting protection functions.
- When the temperature reaches above 85°C, this controller stops charging immediately. When the temperature in the machine is not more than 75℃, the rated charging power will be restored.
- With the PV charging current/ power limiting function, no over‑power/overcurrent problem, allows safely connecting to the photovoltaic module without damaging the controller.
- With LCD screen backlight function, the default backlight time is 60S, easy to read, Baud rate self‑defined modification function, consistent with IT/ET, the baud rate can be modified by the host computer.
- The algorithm is optimized to improve the dynamic response speed. When applied in a RV or cloudy weather, that is, when the battery panel is in a changeable condition, the tracking efficiency of MPP is higher.
If you want a solar charge controller for your home, industrial or commercial purposes then you should try ALLPOWERS Solar Charge Controller.
ALLPOWERS comes with a display that can show the stats. In addition, it also has multiple electric protection reverse current protection and low heat production. But it is better to keep it in a shady area and not in direct sun exposure.
Also, it has an adjustable power rate with dual USB ports. And 3-stage charge management( Bulk, ABS, Float ) and 4-stage PWM charging.
Equipped with industrial-grade STM8 microprocessor it possesses more functionality to control the charger. It is relatively easy to operate. In short, we can say that it is suitable for home, industrial or commercial uses.
- Adjustable power rate
- Dual USB port
- 3 stage charge management and 4-stage PWM charging
- Easy to set up and operate
- ▶【Huge Power to Output】: ALLPOWERS 200W portable solar panel kit is made from US, up to 22% efficiency and 1/3 lighter than the same power of solar silicon. 200W Output can provide more power to your devices and charge it faster.
- ▶【Compatible with Most Solar Generators】: ALLPOWERS 200W foldable solar panel is compatible with most portable power station on the market. The portable solar panel kit includes different sizes of connectors for portable solar generator( MC-4 to Anderson / MC-4 to DC ).
- ▶【Waterproof, Durable and safe】: The foldable solar panel 200W constructed with durable and waterproof IP66 nylon and adjustable bracket. The outdoor foldable solar charger is FCC, RoHS, CE certified. It can help your devices receive the most effective sunlight safely.
- ▶【Foldable & Portable】: Folded size only 25.6x20.3x2.4inch,13.9lb, portable solar panel 200W is great for traveling the without electricity and won't take up much room in your bag. ALLPOWERS foldable solar charger features MC-4 output(20A max), providing endless power for power station in camping, outdoor, garden, motorhome, and caravan under the sun.
- ▶【Package Contents】: ALLPOWERS 200W foldable solar panel, MC-4 to 5.5x2.5mm cable, MC-4 to Anderson cable, DC 8mm adapter, DC 3.5x1.35mm cable, DC 5.5x2.1mm cable, instruction manual, 18 months warranty and friendly customer service.
Not just only the best features, Renogy Rover also has an attractive look too. It can automatically detect 12V or 24V DC system voltages. Because of the innovative MPPT technology, it possesses high tracking efficiency of up to 99%.
This solar charge controller has a die-cast aluminum design for heat dissipation. And also the capability of measuring the battery temperature and remote monitoring. It is compatible with various deep cycle battery options: sealed, gel, flooded, and lithium. Subsequently, it features diverse load control and electronic protection against reverse polarity, overcharging, short circuit and reverse current.
The LCD screen and multiple LED indicators are there for displaying system operation into customizable parameters and error codes. And not to forget about the RS232 port which allows communication with BT-1 Bluetooth Module and usage of the Renogy BT App.
- LCD screen and multiple LED
- Die-cast aluminum design
- Temperature sensor
- RS232 communication port
This charge controller has a built-in algorithm for maximum power tracking. It has an automatic system voltage recognition (12V/24V). And auto-saving function as well.
The multi-function LCD displays all the operational data and system working status. In addition, it also has diversified load control modes.
Also, it can work with multiple battery types: gel, sealed, flooded, and user type. Because of the RS485 port, it can be connected via PC software or remote meter MT-50.
No worries about PV reverse polarity, short circuit, over current, overcharging because it covers all the electronic protection.
- Longer communication distance based on RS485
- Better heat dissipation
- Easy Monitor and Operate
- EPEVER XTRA Charge controller series, MPPT charge controller, 20A rated charge current controller; Accept Max input Solar power 520W when battery is 24V, 260W when 12V system; Max solar input voltage up to 100V（92V At 25℃/77°F environment temperature）
- Negative Grounding controller 20amp, able to work with 12V 24V system AUTO, work with 12V24V Lead-acid(Sealed,Gel,Flooded) and LiFePO4, Li(NiCoMn)O2 battery, User.
- Xtracer controller with Max. conversion efficiency up to 98.6%, Advanced MPPT technology & ultra-fast tracking speed guarantee tracking efficiency up to 99.5%, Limit charging power & current over rated value.
- 20amp MPPT charging with Adanced Display, Wide MPP operating voltage range(Battery voltage +2V)～72V, Real-time energy statistics function
- IP32 Ingress protection and Full PV charging protection, High quality and low failure rate components of ST or IR to ensure service life, CE certification(LVD EN/IEC62109,EMC EN61000-6-1/3)
One of the compact energy-saving and battery optimizing solar charge controller. It can automatically detect 12V and 24V systems.
This charge controller has an enhanced aluminum alloy heat sink for efficient heat dissipation. Subsequently, the PWM charging mode is also there to protect your battery.
Because of the automatic temperature compensation function, it expands the battery life. There is also protection that it covers for battery including reverse discharge, reverse polarity, under-voltage, overload, short circuit.
Meanwhile, the LCD display shows all the data: PV/Battery/system status. And to clarify the LCDs are so simplified for the user. After that not to forget about the intelligent lighting and timing control with 2 years warranty and quick after-sale service support.
- User-friendly interface
- Aluminum alloy heat sink for efficient heat dissipating
- 2 Years Warranty
- PowMr 5500w Solar Inverter 48V DC to 220/230V AC, built in 80A Mppt Charge Controller, is a new Pure sine wave inverter can running without battery
- 5.5KW Solar Hybrid Inverter Output Voltage Regulation: 230Vac±5%, Max Input Power: 5500W; Max. PV Array Open Circuit Voltage: 500DC, PV Array MPPT Voltage Range: 120VDC~450VDC, Max AC Input Voltage: 300Vac, Input Current: 18A
- Pure sine wave mppt Inverter Rated Power：5500W, AC Charging Current (Max): 80Amp; Nominal Input Frequency: 50Hz / 60Hz (Auto detection), Starting voltage>150V , Nominal DC Input Voltage: 48Vdc; Cold Start Voltage: 46.0Vdc
- LCD display design with three indicators, four function keys, LCD settings configuration of input voltage range for home appliances and personal computers, battery charging current based on applications and AC/Solar Charger priority.
- 48VDC to 220VAC inverter Compatible to mains voltage or generator power, Automatic restart when AC power is restored. Overload/ Over temperature/ short circuit protection; Smart battery charger design for optimized battery performance
The GHB Solar Charge Controller can automatically manage the working of solar panels and batteries in the solar system. It makes you use 100% available solar power.
Meanwhile, the LCD which displays all parameters is with built-in energy-saving backlight. That is to say, the display is better, more clear, beautiful, modern, and power-efficient.
You can use PWM and WPC mode to improve system efficiency. It also prolongs the life span of the battery. In addition, it also covers protection like overload, short circuit, under-voltage, over-charging and reverse polarity.
This charge controller has an easy-to-use interface. The features include temperature sensor, dual DC 12V output, dual USB Output, user-friendly LCD screen display, etc. In short, it is easy to set up and operate.
- Dual USB Output interface
- Fully automatic
- Easy to operate
- PWM and WPC modes
- 【Main use】The solar charge controller is often used in solar power generation systems, with short circuit, open circuit, reverse, and overload protection.
- 【PWM solar charge】3‑stage PWM charging management is beneficial to improve system efficiency and extend battery life.
- 【USB port】With dual USB output, rated voltage of 12 and 24V, maximum current up to 2.5A, has strong practicability.
- 【Display screen】Equipped with a display screen, which can clearly display status and data, and manually switch modes and parameter settings.
- 【Easy to install】Easy to install and operate, first connect the battery, then connect the solar panel, and finally connect the load.
If you have an existing inverter- battery installed at your home and are thinking of connecting them directly with your solar panels, then hold on! They can be overcharged and maybe got damage before time. Therefore, to cure this issue you should use the Solar Charge controller. It is a small but important device. It connects after solar panels with your existing inverter and batteries.
There are few top companies that provide the best solar products and charge controllers for batteries along with good after-sale service. We listed some of the above.
You do’ have to take the stress anymore because Solar Charge Controller can maximize solar power. So, you can easily use your appliances with no problem.
Check out the reviews of other solar-powered products too: